Thursday 13 July 2017

WLJ day 6 activity 1

Image result for Maori wakaActivity 1: Let’s imagine that you were on the first waka to arrive at Shag Point. You had never been to New Zealand before and you had no idea what to expect. Write a poem describing how you would have felt when you arrived in New Zealand. Would you have been excited or scared? I would have felt pretty nervous, I reckon:
----------------------------------------
Poem:
How long until we get there? I am getting pretty cold from the air. I am feeling pretty nervous just to be honest. Maybe New Zealand is what we would call it. is that the island I think I saw it. A few more paddles and then we would stop. I think the navigators getting tired I think we should swap. we stop at land and jump with joy. My throat is dry can you get me some water boy?
The End.
----------------------------------------
Task description: To be honest this took me 20-30 minutes because It was hard looking for words that rhymed. This is actually from today not like my other post ( day 5) that was from yesterday.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/EarleWarSpeech.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi,

    I find writing poetry a time consuming process as well. I often have to sit down and think carefully about what I am going to say before I start writing. Like you, it takes me awhile to think of rhyming words and I have to write a few versions of the poem before I reach my 'final' version.

    I really love it that you persevered and that you kept going, even though it took you awhile. I hope that you bring the same motivation and determination to all of your school work. I'm sure that you do :)

    Way to go, Naomi. This is a very cool poem.

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete